I took a workshop in collagraphy at the Robert Blackburn Printmaking Workshop. I think this method is a good fit for my work because I can use discarded pieces of painted paper collages as plates. Here are some of the prints I have made either in class or using the press time that came along with my tuition.
"Pears" - these pears are made from 3 pears that I made as an experiment is just how much detail was needed to create the feeling of a pear in painted paper collage. I glued these ppc pears onto a piece of styrene and then scratched in the vertical stripes. In the following plate you can see that I also painted onto the plate with acrylic gloss medium and carborundum a dish with a decorative pattern. This did not show up on the print because the pears were too thick. I plan to rework the plate and try again.
This print is made from a discarded frament of a collage I made back in 2006. I kept the fragment because I just couldn't bear to throw it out. I simply coated it in gloss medium, inked it up and used it as a plate. Here is a detail image.
These flowers were made from some painted paper flowers I had sewn together. I was thinking of making a large cloth-like piece - kind of like a drape out of these flowers but I abandoned the idea. I didn't like it. So, it was just sitting around - without a purpose. Here is a detail image.
This "cup and flower" was made by simply painting a piece of plexiglass with acrylic gloss medium and carborundum.
And, this piec is made of corrugated cardboard with a silhouette glued on top. The lower section I peeled off the upper layer. The bottom part and the silhouette were coated with gloss medium and I left the upper area uncoated allowing it to soak in the ink. Below is the plate.