Sunday, December 13, 2009

Today's work


I've been sketching at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I am in love with all things Medeival. There is a mosaic that I have been thinking about. I made a very basic drawing. It's the first image. Then at the studio, I thought I would work with a magazine I found in the laundry room. It seems to be a magazine from Bergdorf Goodman. Really just a big advertisement. I wanted to try to make the mosaic using a couple of photographs of models from this magazine/advertisement. As you can see it starts out rather simply. And, then when I start adding the tiny pieces of skin tones from the photos, it starts to get interesting. I got about half way through the face. I was there for about three hours. But, it is great fun.








This last image shows the source photo with all the little pieces cut away from her face.

1 comment: