Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Obsession

I went to the Morgan Library on Thursday with a friend. They have the pages of The Book of Hours of Catherine of Cleves on display because they needed to take it apart for conservation. It's really wonderful to see these works. You can see the entire set on their website. It is great.

I have long thought about working in this format and if you think about the veil cards and the artist trading cards. That have a bit of the same feel. You can see I began one. It is 7 x 5 inches. I wanted a tiled floor. And, the flowers in the border. There is a bird - dragon creature in the border too. I am going to add words in a calligraphic style. The "L" of Little Betty Jane will be illuminated. All this done is painted paper collage - of course. I just put the letters on this in photoshop to see how they look. These are at the very beginning. Lots to do and lots of things to work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment